1. What is one food you thought you’d miss when you went vegan, but don’t? i still do miss foods, though i think it's mostly the memory that's tied to these foods. i enjoy the memories, but it won't change my mind|actions.__________________
2. What is a food or dish you wouldn’t touch as a child, but enjoy now? i was turned off spaghetti & tomato sauce at one point (perhaps it was mushy, cannot abide over-done pasta), & still have to remember that i actually like it today. there are some foods i wouldn't touch: not-so-fresh mushrooms (because of these, fresh mushrooms), fresh tomatoes (bits of stewed tomato), raw onions & garlic, banana peppers (anything with even a hint of spicy pepper).
3. What vegan dish or food you feel like you “should” like, but don’t? again, there's certain veg|foods i wish i could get used to, but can only in small amounts - okra, eggplant, seaweed
4. What beverage do you consume the most of on any given day? water, then tea.
5. What dish are you “famous” for making or bringing to gatherings? cakes, cookies, squares - baked goods.
6. Do you have any self-imposed food rules (like no food touching on the plate, or no nuts in sweets)? i feel a bit cheated if i don't have a grain|potato without a minimum of 3 veggie dishes of varying colour & texture. i don't drink alcohol with food. for me, one nullifies the other. in fact, i don't usually drink anything with most meals. there are more, i just can't think of any at the mo.
7. What’s one food or dish you tend to eat too much of when you have it in your home? i've learned many of these 'lessons' the hard way, so i try not to do this with anything, but... dwen-jeong chi gae| Korean bean paste stew with all the side dishes is my guilty pleasure.
8. What ingredient or food do you prefer to make yourself despite it being widely available prepackaged? veggie stock, salad dressings, preserves...
9. What ingredient or food is worth spending the extra money to get “the good stuff”? organic veg, olive or other oils, earth balance...
10. Are you much of a snacker? What are your favorite snacks? potato chips
11. What are your favorite vegan pizza toppings? mushrooms, onions, black olives, broccoli, pineapple.
12. What is your favorite vegetable? Fruit? i cannot answer this with one: broccoli, zucchini, sweet potato, carrots... apples, pears, berries, pineapple...
13. What is the best salad dressing? homemade, oil & vinegar or just lemon & lime.
14. What is your favorite thing to put on toasted bread? 'butter'.
15. What kind of soup do you most often turn to on a chilly day or when you aren’t feeling your best? on a chilly day, spinach lentil soup or weighted veggie soup. when a bit under, i like simple broth with miso, tofu & zucchini.
16. What is your favorite cupcake flavor? Frosting flavor? vanilla with rose flavoured buttercream.
17. What is your favorite kind of cookie? old-fashioned oatmeal with raisins, or scottish shortbread.
18. What is your most-loved “weeknight meal”? simple homemade soup, or simple noodle|pasta.
19. What is one dish or food you enjoy, but can’t get anyone else in your household to eat? this does not occur, except for my 'lil one who is a bit pickier.
20. How long, in total, do you spend in the kitchen on an average day? every day is different. some days are for prep, some days are for cooking, & others are for dishes, so some days hours. some days i order in.