1. Favorite non-dairy milk? noël nog, plain or chocolate peppermint.
2. Most disastrous recipe/meal failure? a few years ago, made a veggie soup, & the last minute decided to throw in some eggplant. blehk!
3. Favorite pickled item? pickled beets.
4. If you were stranded on an island & could only bring 3 foods, what would they be (don’t worry about how you’ll cook them)? let's see (tough one)... apples, cucumber & brown rice.
5. Fondest food memory from your childhood? ah, so many. well, i'll have to go with a holiday fav where we could choose the midnight meal on christmas eve. my mother would prepare whichever we chose, be it cabbage rolls, (*ahem*) homemade meat pie, or some other labour intensive dish probably with some delish dessert.
6. Favorite vegan ice cream? mmm... vanilla, plain or doctored with maple syrup. though chocolate raspberry would be second.
7. Most loved kitchen appliance? rice cooker.
8. Spice/herb you would die without? basil.
9. Favorite flavor of jam/jelly? though i don't often eat jams or jellies, when i do... i love raspberry jam. i usually only have one or two open at a time. now, if there was competition with apple jelly, pumpkin butter, wild strawberry jam, apricot jam, or blackberry jam, there would be a dilemma.
10. Favorite vegan recipe to serve to an omni friend? depends on the friend really, for those for have sweet tooths, i'll bake a pie or cake, but i do love to introduce Korean-style meals.
11. Seitan, tofu, or tempeh? i've not actually tried either seitan or tempeh, so tofu it is, prepared in any way imaginable.
12. Favorite meal to cook (or time of day to cook)? i would have to say lunch, but one that resembles a meal with the substance of dinner, or perhaps dinner, & hopefully for friends & fam.
13. Name 3 items in your freezer without looking. bananas, veg stock, puff pastry.
14. What’s on your grocery list?
mushrooms, bread, molasses, olives, flat-leaf parsley, squash, celery...
15. Favorite grocery store?
at the moment, the dubai organic market in the dubai mall, for i can get vegan mayo, & my new, & all-time, fav soy yoghurt.
16. Name a recipe you’d love to veganize, but haven’t yet. this was one decadent evening i had about 14 years ago... manicotti stuffed with ricotta smothered in a white sauce followed by hungarian cheesecake, chocolate liqueur & spanish coffee. milk, butter, cream, milk, butter, cream... repeat ad nauseum.
17. Food blog you read the most (besides Isa’s because I know you check it everyday). Or maybe the top 3? after this month, my list won't just be long, but extensive. VeganLovlie, Musings from the Fishbowl, Hello Veggie
18. Favorite vegan candy/chocolate? i don't really have a sweet tooth, except for after a Korean meal!? it's been a while as i'm tryin' to behave treat-wise, but i think it's called Vive (peppermint, or the red chili), i'll have to check. i also love dark chocolate covered coffee beans. & there's a few i miss from the gelatin food group.
19. Most extravagant food item purchased lately? cherry soy yoghurt (x5), organic black strap molasses, fresh strawberries & flax oil.
oops! i meant to publish this one yesterday. i didn't even realise i hadn't posted yesterday, until now! i'm sure i had. it's Eid at the moment, so the family are home on a week vacation. (*'lil distracted*) :)